It’s time to imagine a living future and a world of living buildings. The Living Buildings ChallengeTM is a philosophy, certification and advocacy tool for projects to move beyond merely being less bad and to become truly regenerative. The Challenge defines the most advanced measure of sustainability in the built environment possible today and acts to rapidly diminish the gap between current limits and the end-game positive solutions we seek.
The conference is connected to REGENERATION, the 64 hours European competition organized by Macro Design Studio together with the International Living Future Institute and also represents the launch event of the Living Building Challenge Collaborative: Italy, a community-based group sharing knowledge and creating the local conditions that support development of Living Buildings, Sites and Communities.
Centrale Fies – Dro (Trento, Italy) Saturday 18th April 2015, H. 10:00 – 13:00
- 10.00 – 10.50: Registration
- 10:50 – 11:00: INTRODUCTION | Macro Design Studio
- 11.00 – 11.40: LIVING BUILDING CHALLENGE: A VISIONARY PATH TO A REGENERATIVE FUTURE | Amanda Sturgeon, The International Living Future Institute – Executive Director
- 11.40 – 12:00: FutuREstorative. INSPIRATIONS AND CHALLENGES FOR A FUTURE SUSTAINABILITY | Martin Brown, Fairsnape – Founder
- 12.00 – 12:20: Scale Jump: Living from the NeighboUrhood to the City Level | Sue Clark, Sweden Green Building Council – LEED Manager
- 12.20 – 12:40: SUSTAINABILITY 2.0 | Emanuele Naboni, Royal Danish Academy Copenhagen, School of Architecture – Associate professor
- 12:40 – 14:00: Questions and answers
Where: Centrale Fies, Dro (TN) Italy | Coordinates 45.986691, 10.926922
Information: +39 0464 443418 | email@example.com
Registration: Participation is free but seats are limited. Deadline for registration: Friday 10th April